You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit and experience to your work as a Registered Nurse, Case Manager.
Your ability to move patients through the continuum of care is second to none. Physicians and colleagues respect your ability to keep the big picture top of mind. Patients and families appreciate your skill in navigating the maze inherent in managing complex cases.
You know how to organize and plan. When to get stakeholders on the same page. When to reach out to community partners.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
As a Case Manager, you will independently manage a caseload of patients. With a catchment area including western Colorado and Eastern Utah, you will be innovative in marshaling the right combination of resources for each patient.
Join a team of Registered Nurses handling case management and utilization review for our very busy regional referral center, with cases ranging from complex trauma to chronic care.
St. Mary’s Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth that offers a high quality of life. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. We offer generous relocation.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Registered Nurse, Case Manager you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to ensure the right level of care in the right setting
- Educate patients and their families on support services available within their communities
- Recognize and address patients’ psychological and physical needs
- Foster continuity and quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients and their families in mind
- Initiate provider conferences to ensure that a cohesive plan is formatted and carried out
- Continually expand your knowledge
- Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
- Communicate compassionately and effectively
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- ASN from an accredited program, required
- BSN from an accredited program within 4 years of hire, required
- Current Colorado RN or compact license, required
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, required
- Current BLS certification, required
- Three years RN experience, required
- Case Manager Certification (CMC), preferred
- One year of hospital nursing experience, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Registered Nurse on our team we hope you’ll join us. Work schedule is day shift with rotation to cover every other weekend. At St. Mary’s Medical Center you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.