You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Surgical Tech.
You’re generous with your compassion, your empathy and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
You’re equally comfortable with patients, families, colleagues, mentors and technology.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Mary’s Medical Center is home to twelve state-of-the-art surgical suites, and two DaVinci Robots, with a Cardiovascular Hybrid OR in the construction phases. We are a Level II Trauma Center which functions more like a Level I, because we are the largest most specialized hospital between Denver and Salt Lake City. Our service lines include: Bariatrics, Robotics, General Surgery, Orthopedics including Ortho-Trauma and Ortho-Spine, Neuro-surgery, OB-GYN, Cardiovascular and Thoracic (including open heart), ENT, Plastics, Pediatrics, and Urology. We pride ourselves in providing the finest, most advanced, personalized patient care in Western Colorado.
St. Mary’s Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. We offer up to $10K in incentives for qualified candidates!
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. And instead of placing blame we’ll learn and grow together.
As a Surgical Tech you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Checks supplies/instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures and ensures they are working properly.
- Opens sterile supplies and sets up the table for each surgical procedure.
- Provides a sterile field for surgical procedures. Ensures that the members of the surgical team are properly attired and assists the surgeon with draping the patient to isolate the operative site.
- Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions.
- Passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon.
- Counts sponges and sharps with the RN prior to the surgery and before the incision is closed.
- Cleans and prepares the instruments for sterilization.
- Assists in the maintenance of specialty surgical services.
- Prepares the sterile dressing for the patient’s incision.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Successful completion of an accredited Operating Room/Surgical Tech program, required
- Current certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Two years of surgical tech experience, preferred
Your next move
Now that you know more about being a Surgical Tech on our team we hope you’ll join us. At St. Mary’s Medical Center you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Join our highly skilled team and call one of Colorado’s best kept secrets your home. Enjoy diverse year round recreation including skiing, rafting the CO River, hunting, fishing the 400 lakes on beautiful Grand Mesa, mountain biking, golf, and hiking. Embrace the awe inspiring landscapes of the Colorado National Monument and enjoy the bountiful gifts of Colorado’s wine country. Advance your career with us at St. Mary’s and discover the magic that is Western Colorado.