Keck School of Medicine of USC
USC Caruso Family Center
for Childhood Communication
Department of Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery
Speech-Language Pathologist Open Position
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
The USC Tina and Rick Caruso Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery is seeking an Assistant Professor of Clinical Otolaryngology for an expanding Caruso Family Center. This position will be filled by a full time Speech-Language Pathologist.
As a speech-language pathologist in the Caruso Family Center, you will be a vital member of an interdisciplinary team that interacts with pediatric patients with hearing loss.
The role of this position is to assess, provide intervention and monitor the progress of children utilizing hearing aids, BAHA and cochlear implants in a clinical setting.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- assessing patients’ speech and language as part of the pre and post cochlear implant implantation process
- conducting speech and language evaluations for children using hearing aids or BAHA
- providing speech, auditory and language intervention, writing individual treatment plans, and documenting session outcomes
- attending clinical case conference meetings
- collaborating with community service providers and participating in community outreach
- effective communication and interpersonal skills
- critical thinking, problem solving skills and creativity managing complex cases
- adaptability and ability to manage multiple tasks within a work day
- CCC a plus, strong CF's encouraged to apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Margaret Winter, Clinical Director of the Tina and Rick Caruso Family Center for Childhood Communication at email@example.com.