| Digestive Health Endoscopy Center seeking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Charge Nurse. Applicant must be a committed team player with great attention to detail. Must have excellent interpersonal and nursing skills. We offer a great working environment with a pleasant working schedule: day shift with no weekends, no major holidays, no call and a competitive salary. In conjunction with Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse will assist with the responsibilities of coordinating care. |
1. Responsible for the coordination of activities in the Unit to ensure efficiency, quality and continuity of care while utilizing equipment, supplies, time and human resources in an efficient manner.
2. Keeps medication inventory including Narcotic order and DEA documentation.
3. Verifies that schedules correspond to the actual procedures performed and all computer documentation is completed and the end of each day to include daily pathology.
4. Serves as an active member of the QI Committee, presents Staff's Chart Review report and makes suggestions for improvement.
5. Maintains patient, employee and Endoscopy Center confidentiality per Confidentiality Policy and HIPAA guidelines.
6. Assists with the development, review and update of Policies and Procedures.
7. Monitors compliance of staff to Policies and Procedures and provides feedback to the Nurse Manager for use on performance evaluations.
8. Assists with staff’s selection, orientation, training and development. Provides staff with tools to achieve the job for which they are responsible.
9. Acts as liaison to communicate both verbally and in writing the goals of the facility to staff and vice versa.
10. Demonstrates the ability to respond with tact and professional conduct when dealing with patients, the public, employees and physicians.
11. Promotes team building: Strives to maintain a healthy climate between work areas as characterized by understanding, appropriate judgment and cooperation.
12. Discusses trends and makes recommendations for innovative ways to incorporate necessary changes to improve team development and patient care.
13. Together with Nurse Manager, acts as Infection Control/OSHA Officer, demonstrates commitment to personal growth and competence by seeking out information needed for current job requirements including AAAHC, CMS, HIPAA, OSHA and Infection Control standards.
14. Increases competency using education materials and attending all mandatory Endoscopy Center in-services as evidenced by attendance records. 15. Develops a personal plan to cultivate skills. Plan will be reviewed annually during the performance appraisal process.
16. Demonstrates competency with tasks requiring specialized skill.
17. Flexible with regard to hours of work to meet the needs of the organization.
18. Meets regularly with Nurse Manager to address job concerns.