The Director, Health Systems Business Development will serve as a source of internal and commercial coordination within the Joint Commission Enterprise for all business development and customer relationship activities for a limited set of designated key accounts. Working with a dedicated cross-functional Enterprise Team, the KAD will be responsible for securing multi-year contracts with designated key accounts. These contracts will be designed to drive system wide improvements in quality and safety and include accreditation / certification services, education / publication / software products, (referrals for) consulting activities, TST tools and RPI education. The Director will also be responsible for supporting and sustaining this relationship over time by developing deep, leverage-able business development relationships with corporate representatives at multiple levels of these key accounts, ensuring quick and efficient business development and customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates a dedicated, cross-functional Enterprise Team supporting the needs of designated key accounts for the purpose of acquiring comprehensive, multi-year contracts which incorporate most / all Enterprise products & services.
- In collaboration with this dedicated cross-functional Enterprise Team, develop long- term strategies as well as annual business development goals and metrics for targeted systems.
- Meet or exceed expectations established on an annual basis for new account acquisition (within key accounts) as well as existing account growth and retention.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of designated key accounts related to organizational structure, business practices / priorities and governance / decision-making.
- Develop deep and leverage-able business development relationships at multiple levels of designated corporate key accounts.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all Enterprise services and products, pricing methodologies and service delivery processes in order to support complex business development and contracting negotiations and service delivery over time.
- Coordinate appropriate Enterprise department head involvement with key accounts and corporate executives at appropriate points in the management of those relationships.
- From the customer’s perspective, serve as a source of internal and commercial coordination and accountability with the larger, dedicated cross-functional team responsible for the management of the key accounts’ relationship with the Enterprise.