Florida Hospital East Orlando seeks to hire a Cardiology Tech who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital East Orlando, a 293-bed full service community hospital that serves as one of Florida Hospital’s seven satellite facilities, became part of the Florida Hospital system in 1990. At Florida Hospital East Orlando, we strive to improve our patients’ quality of life through a holistic approach to health care – mind, body and spirit – while remaining at the forefront of medical innovation. During the past ten years, we’ve invested more than $122 million in facility improvements to serve the growing community. Among the recent additions and openings, we have an expanded emergency room, a center for Medical Simulation and Education, a Children’s Emergency Center, a Renovated Cancer Institute, and a new 40-bed inpatient nursing unit. The hospital is also home to the Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute at East Orlando as well as a comprehensive urology program.
Florida Hospital East Orlando Cardiology offers world class customer service at our mission-centric organization. The Cardiology department strives for excellence in patient experience, throughput, regulatory compliance and ensures patient safety. Our team of highly engaged nurses, sonographers & technicians assist our patients in healing quicker by treating them like family and offering services to meet the needs of our cardiovascular & neuroscience patients. We work hand in hand with our Cardiologists and multiple nursing departments throughout the campus to give our patients a seamless experience. With multiple areas of specialty within the department we are able to provide a wide range of opportunities to learn new skills and grow professionally through individual development plans.
Shift: 3/12s; Hours: 7:00am – 7:00pm
*Sign-on bonus available for experienced external applicants
The Invasive Lab Tech performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The Technologist needs to be proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation, and monitoring consistent with the policies and procedures of the Cardiovascular Services Department and hospital administration. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Basic EKG course
- Advanced levels of EKG training (Preferred)
- Computer knowledge and skills (Preferred)
- Two year of Cardiac Cath or Interventional Radiology (Preferred)
- One year Electrophysiology experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current license or registration by the State of Florida as RN, or Radiation Tech, or Respiratory Therapist; or RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) or RCES (Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy. Annually meets all department specific competencies.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy. Demonstrates awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations.
- Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
- Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered.
- Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department
- Learns and upgrades skills. Supervises other health care team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Functions effectively in all the following roles: circulator, monitor, and scrub, as well as other roles required by campus (stress lab, procedural support and recovery unit, etc.). Facilitates timely patient throughput.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Cardiology RN opportunity with Florida Hospital East Orlando and apply online today.
- To qualify, candidate must have at least 1 year of recent related hospital unit experience
- Bonus paid in full after 12 months
- 18 month contract applies. If candidate leaves Florida Hospital prior to completion of contract, they must pay back the full sign on bonus. Transfers forfeit any unpaid amounts. Terminations will pay back the full amount
- Must live outside 50 mile radius from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify
- Rehires that terminated within the last 12 months are not eligible for bonus
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!