The Manager for the IM Health Plans reports to the Director of the IM Health Plans and is primarily responsible for day-to-day management of applications, operational support, and project implementations assigned to the Health Plan team. Staff management responsibilities include a team of Applications Analysts, Business Analysts, EDI Analysts, Data Analyst, Advanced Report Writers, Developers, and Project Managers.
- Incident Management --Participate in Incident Management process in being the On-Call Manager during system outages to ensure that the right SMEs are in the war room and addressing the Incident while it is active. Develop and manage on-call schedule for Tier III Health Plan Analyst team. Oversee resolution to Incidents requiring Tier III intervention.
- Problem Management -- Participate in After Action Reviews for respective outages. Implement, manage and oversee Problem Management processes and any Problem Management tickets assigned to respective team.
- Change Management -- Participate in structured Change Management forums hosted by the Change Manager. Implement and facilitate Change Requests as necessary as a result of reported Incidents or Problems.
- Request Management -- Participate in structured Request Management forums and oversee Service Requests for respective team.
- Project Management -- Assist Director in attending structured resource planning hosted by the PPMO. Develop Assist with defining boundaries, setting priorities, planning, and managing multiple projects. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
- Resource Management -- Assist with managing resource forecasting for Health Plan resources determining gaps in resources, skills or training and develop strategies to fill those gaps and positions.
- Development Management -- Assist Director in creating, administering, and implementing the organization's long term development plan. This includes working closely with the developers and other departments in the organization to see all implementation through to completion.
- Budget & Financial Management -- Assist in developing and managing detailed budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
- Staff Management - Recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and retain a staff of highly skilled information systems professionals. Terminate staff as required. Provide ongoing management and motivation to ensure that the staff is focused committed and capable of producing expected results. Create and maintain a teamwork environment conducive to productive output, successful staff advancement and a rewarding work experience. Establish and enforce department policies, procedures and standards.
- Communication - Provide effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, possess good negotiating skills and promote teamwork among subordinates; monitor Associate feedback to ensure effectiveness of communication and understanding of organizational direction and expectations.
- Standards -- Adhere to and promote system standards as it relates to application standardization. Analyze and recommend procedural standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known.
- Vendor Management - Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance.
- Reporting - Monitor department quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks and measure performance against these standards. Document and regularly report on all plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, staff assignments, programs and the current status of projects and routine assignments.
- Teamwork - Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Customer Service - Lead in the development and administration of an effective Customer Service Plan which includes provisions to accept, record, prioritize, assign, track, resolve and report on customer service problems and issues. Lead in the establishing of departmental programs, which promote and emphasize the commitment to exceptional customer service standards.
- Other - Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Manager of Operational Support.