The Department of Health Policy & Management is seeking talented faculty to enhance existing research & educational programs, which include a fully accredited master’s program in health administration and a growing PhD program in health services research in an academic medical center with a strong focus on interprofessional education. In addition to a strong background in health policy, health services and/or health outcomes research.
The Department seeks applicants with interdisciplinary skills, ability to collaborate with faculty, students, and trainees in health or public health-related disciplines and clinical areas and enhance our institutional priorities in cancer, health disparities, human development, and disabilities within multiple research centers including:
1) NCI-designated Cancer Center, Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
2) Institute, Heartland Institute for Clinical and Translational Research and US
3) Census Research Data Center. Demonstrated potential to secure extramural funding.
Position will be a full-time, 12-month appointment at the Assistant Professor level. Advanced Assistants are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Department of Health Policy & Management, visit http://www.kumc.edu/school-of-medicine/hpm.html
- Teach graduate programs according to educational and research expertise. Maintain an ongoing program of research. Secure external funding for research/training programs appropriate to expertise.
- Participate in course and curriculum development.
- Support Department and School teaching efforts, including lectures and other activities to students, physicians, etc. Advise and mentor doctoral students. Participate in departmental affairs and contribute to departmental development and governance.
- If jointly appointed, perform negotiated duties as assigned by leadership of that department or center.
- Participate in departmental committees and activities, faculty meetings, School and University activities, and provide additional service to the School, University, profession, and community, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chair.