Program Evaluation Manager
Provide seeks a grounded, attentive, and independent professional to support the evaluation needs of a growing remote nonprofit organization seeking to strengthen the role of primary and social service providers in women’s access to abortion. As the Program Evaluation Manager, this individual is directly responsible for implementing evaluations of ongoing programs, special projects, and internal departments, ensuring that strategic and systematic learning is seamlessly implemented ‘on-the-ground’ via our staff and partnering health and social service sites.
Founded in 1992, Provide is a national and growing remote-based organization working to strengthen the role of primary and social service providers in women’s access to abortion. We envision a healthcare system where women can access abortion care without judgement, misinformation, or stigma, and where workers are given the tools and support to offer the best care to their clients. Our largest initiative, our Referrals Program, focuses on training and supporting health and social service workers from safety net systems including Domestic Violence, HIV, substance use, family planning, and primary care.
This is a full time (40 hr/week) remote work position based in the Southeastern United States. Travel for staff is required for organizational meetings and this position also requires some travel for observations and trainings as needed. This position reports to the Director of Program Evaluation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Evaluation Design – 20%
- Support the development of evaluation plans to answer relevant “Process,” “Impact,” and “Insight” evaluation questions for each evaluation project, with guidance from the Director for Program Evaluation and in collaboration with Provide’s Evaluation Cluster.
- Draft effective, efficient evaluation instruments (including surveys and interview guides) to gather the data needed to answer the evaluation questions in each plan.
- Assist with the design and adjustment of data collection processes.
Project Coordination – 65%
- Coordinate collection and verification of all data elements needed to carry out active evaluation plans, ensuring that data is prepared for analysis in advance of report deadlines.
- Independently carry out data analysis, including coding of qualitative data for thematic analyses and summaries/charts of quantitative data needed to address evaluation questions.
- Draft evaluation reports for designated evaluations.
- Facilitate and train staff in evaluation processes, including Provide staff and staff at study sites.
- Attend state team calls to share and gather evaluation information.
- Conduct interviews and focus groups.
- Maintain complete records of key evaluation definitions, coding decisions, and methods.
Perform additional team responsibilities – 15%
- Attend team, division, and staff-wide meetings regularly and with enthusiasm.
- Represent Provide at conferences and coalition meetings as requested.
- Participate in fundraising, visibility events, board meetings, and other program activities as requested.