Purpose / Role Summary
The Physician is directly responsible for providing quality care, adhering to Quality Assurance standards, appropriate diagnosis and treatment, performing timely, accurate and thorough documentation and charting, maintaining proper and consistent bedside manner and wait time standards, participating in team collaboration, supervising mid-level staff and performing in clinic evaluations as instructed.
The Physician will report directly to the Medical Director and Director of Operations.
While performing Physician tasks the incumbent may be responsible for supervising mid-level staff or other clinical members.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this position. This list includes primary duties that a person must be able to perform on the job, either unaided or with the assistance of a “reasonable accommodation.”
- Evaluate and treat patients
- Ensure proper care, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Prescribe and administer medications, perform routine vaccinations, request lab work
- Communicate and interact with fellow providers, clinic, corporate or other staff, patients and families
- Work with patients of varying ages, including pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Focuses on quality of care, services and maintains performance improving activities
- Perform charting and documentation, complete all necessary documentation timely
- Maintains compliance with Meaningful Use
- Exercises a positive bedside manner and wait times to meet company standards
- De-escalate and resolve issues as needed
- Maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements
- Upholds all medical, HIPAA, patient, provider, healthcare, confidentiality and any other federal, state, local or regulatory guidelines related to the job
- Serves as a leader and cooperative team participant at all times
Access to Confidential Data if key responsibility or position
- Will be privy to classified and sensitive information relating to HIPAA, PHI and other confidential information related to billing.