The Senior Research Scientist will participate in the development, monitoring, promotion, and evaluation of cultural and linguistic competency educational programs for health professionals and will lead evaluation activities on programs and policies related to cultural and linguistic competency in health care. In particular, the Senior Research Scientist will contribute to work related to the Office of Minority Health’s National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care and a suite of cultural and linguistic competency e-learning programs, including the development of an e-learning program for behavioral health professionals. The position will also contribute to setting the vision, goals, and direction for evaluation activities at the Health Determinants and Disparities Practice.
Activities will include:
- Writing e-learning program curriculum content;
- Conducting literature reviews;
- Convening advisory committees of subject matter experts;
- Promotion and marketing tasks, including the development and delivery of conference presentations;
- Development and delivery of trainings for health professionals on issues such as health equity, health disparities, cultural and linguistic competency;
- Developing evaluation plan(s) and data collection tools;
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis; and
- Writing, reviewing, and submitting abstracts and scientific papers.
The Senior Research Scientist will work closely with the Office of Minority Health, Project Manager, and project team on these tasks.