Karna is seeking immediate placement for a Biostatistician to provide high level expertise in applicable public health disciplines to collect, abstract, code, analyze, and interpret scientific data contained within information systems and databases related to public health for current work with the Defense Suicide Prevention Office within the Department of Defense. The Biostatistician will be responsible for statistical analysis and reporting of captured data. Applicant will be expected to consult on design of statistical analysis plans, perform high-level statistical processes and report findings to multiple constituencies.
• Design, develop, and implement research methods and advanced data analytic techniques to analyze key questions related to suicide prevention program and intervention outcomes and effectiveness.
• Utilize knowledge of social science, epidemiology, and public health literature, theories, and methods.
• Combine large and small data sets to explore hypotheses and answer research questions.
• Ability to conduct descriptive and inferential statistics, including regression and analysis of variance.
• Provide consultation on design of data processing systems, specifying the needed output, the required input and the methods of validation and quality control.
• Responsible for ensuring the statistical validity of study activities by solving problems occurring in the data collection process.
• Provide guidance and instruction on appropriate statistical evaluation methods and practices.
• Assists clients in interpretation of statistical results.
• Clearly summarize findings in oral, written, and graphical forms.
• Performs data replication studies and critically evaluates statistical procedures used to produce study results.
• Work with team to recommend and administer effective statistical methodology and strategies necessary for the creation, completion, and analysis of epidemiology or research projects and supervises the planning and designing of analytical procedures by others.
• Provide technical expertise, consultation, advice on statistical analysis, methods and techniques for data studies. Collaborate with other researchers in the healthcare disciplines.
• Convert highly statistical numerical output results into easily-understood written form for display in PowerPoint slides, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
• Perform data mining exercises to identify areas of excellent performance and areas of potential improvement.
• Apply statistical methods including, but not limited to: linear, logistic, and conditional logistic regression models, as well as survey statistics and survival analysis.
• Perform a variety of tasks relying on extensive clinical, statistical and information technology experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Prepare analysis plans and writes detailed specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicate with clients regarding statistical analysis issues.