Shenandoah University is seeking qualified candidates for adjunct faculty positions in a new online Master of Public Health Program starting August 2017. These positions are temporary and part-time in nature, and will be filled on a term basis depending on the needs of the program. Reporting directly to the Director of the Graduate Public Health programs, the successful candidate will have a strong academic background in public health teaching and experience with online or hybrid models of course design and delivery.
SU’s graduate program in public health has been designed to train students broadly in the core areas of public health, but also has a focus on rural population health, health disparities and underserved populations. This MPH program is expected to serve existing health professions students (PA, PT, OT, AT, DNP and Pharmacy), current undergraduate public health students, and practicing health professionals in both the Shenandoah Valley and the Northern Virginia regions.
Candidates with a particular strength in rural population health and/or underserved populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking adjunct faculty who can teach online graduate courses from the following list:
- Health Policy and Management
- Public Health Perspectives on Chronic Disease
- Health Communication
- Rural Health Systems
- Community Health Research and Assessment
- Public Health Law and Ethics
- Program Planning and Implementation
- Program Evaluation
- Environmental and Occupational Health
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design and deliver online MPH courses via Canvas and utilize SU’s teaching technologies (i.e. Zoom or Panopto).
- Design and deliver courses that meet required ASPPH competencies.
- Create an online classroom environment conducive for learning.
- Provide timely grading of assignments and provide quality feedback.
Develop and implement appropriate techniques and instruments to measure student learning, and modify teaching approach if needed.
NOTE: This advertisement if for an online adjunct part-time/temporary position.
Please be prepared to submit the following materials to the HR site listed below:
1. Upload a letter of intent that specifies which course(s) the applicant is qualified to teach;
2. Curriculum vitae;
3. Names and contact information for three professional references.
Apply here: https://www.su.edu/job/adjunct-faculty-public-health-programs/