HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING JOB OPPORTUNITY:
Public Health – 3415 28th Street, Port Huron MI 48060
$49,406 - $55,534 (Annually Adjusted) (Reflects 2% wage increase effective 01/01/17)
January 24, 2017 through and including February 24, 2017
Open to St. Clair County Employees and the Public
- The Informatics Coordinator position was approved to be filled by the St. Clair County Board of
Commissioners on December 01, 2016.
Serves as the lead public health informatics coordinator, providing expert public health informatics coordination across the health department. Responsible for planning, developing policy, analyzing system and work processes, implementing, evaluating, maintaining, training, and other functions related to public health informatics. Develops or assists others with funding proposals, especially those with substantial data components. Markets health department informatics or systems to outside partners. Oversees data collection and evaluation for health assessment, health improvement planning, strategic planning, and performance management.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, EDUCATION:
- Bachelor Degree in informatics, public health, epidemiology or relevant field, Master preferred.
- Multidisciplinary background with 3 - 5 years public health, IT, or informatics administration experience.
- Knowledge of public health systems and practices.
- Familiarity with strategies for data acquisition, management, quality, storage, use, and application.
- Knowledge of laws and statutes regarding health information.
- Experience working with public health reporting, surveillance and data.
- Experience with information technology, including information system design, hardware, software, and standard business practices.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of administrative and technical programs.
- Knowledge of the practice of epidemiology and statistical analysis.
- Experience in development and presentation of public health informatics.
- Experience in grant application and management.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Prior to starting employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan operator license and maintain this license throughout employment in this position.
- Auto insurance and reliable transportation required.
- Required to report to duty when called upon in the event of a Public Health Emergency regardless of declaration.
(For a comprehensive Job Description please visit http://www.stclaircounty.org/Offices/hr/jobdescriptions.aspx)
SPECIAL NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: When submitting an application and/or resume please be sure to include evidence that the minimum required qualifications are met (copies of degree, certifications, and/or training, description of relevant experience, etc.).The applicant must include the requisition number from the title line on any application or resume submitted to insure the application is properly designated and processed. If the requisition number is not included, the applicant assumes full responsibility should the application or resume not be attributed to the desired position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on-line at: www.stclaircounty.org
St. Clair County Human Resources Department
200 Grand River Avenue, Suite 206, Port Huron, MI 48060 Phone: 810-989-6910 ~ Fax: 810-966-2904
Sign up for our automatic Job Posting notifications through Select Alert - online at www.stclaircounty.org .