The Managing Director, Substance Abuse Services, provides vision, oversight and leadership to all substance abuse services and the women’s care, prevention and support services (WCPSS). Maintaining a strong departmental culture that is client centered, outcome-oriented, data-driven, and dedicated to continuous quality improvement. Responsible for administrative, supervisory and clinical management of all services within the portfolio, especially those within the OASAS licensed out-patient substance abuse treatment programs. The Managing Director oversees coordination of seamless substance abuse treatment, support, and prevention services, ensuring all regulations are met, services are properly documented for successful billing, and quality assurance and improvement are appropriate. This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team that helps to improve overall functioning of clients by providing and overseeing the successful development and revisions of individualized care plans addressing the continuum of care and services. The Managing Director is responsible for the collaborative preparation of grant applications, program proposals, required grant program reports, budget management, and all efforts involved with obtaining and sustaining resources for GMHC. In addition, this position is an integral part of GMHC’s management team, working to set agency policies, procedures, strategies and goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain primary responsibility over the clinical, fiscal, and quality management of the OASAS clinic, substance abuse services, WCPSS, and ensure that all providers and services are in compliance with OASAS, State of New York, and grant-funder rules and regulations, program policies and procedures and agency policies and procedures.
- Develop treatment modalities consistent with OASAS and grant-funded regulations to ensure evidence-based, culturally competent, trauma-informed substance use disorder treatment of highest possible quality. Oversee admission and discharge process, treatment planning and case conferences for all clients being treated.
- Related to clinic services, work collaboratively with other staff to ensure an integrated service plan is in place and is supported by all staff to address the continuum of substance abuse treatment and medical care; work with Psychiatrist to coordinate referrals, diagnostic findings, treatment interventions, and treatment plan development and review
- Develop, implement, and monitor counseling and psycho-educational initiatives that create an accessible and available client engagement and support system. Ensure that referrals to and from agencies (linkage to, and retention in care), and collaborative efforts with other providers are maintained, thorough, and complete.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Department of Finance as it relates to billing and fiscal management, and with the Department of Communications as it relates to media campaigns and advertisement of services.
- Regularly monitor reports, provide interventions, and collaboratively develop monitoring tools when necessary as they relate to projected deliverables, fiscal management and quality assurance and improvement. Ensure compliance with NY State and OASAS reporting systems.
- Implement and maintain Triad Management systems and tools.
Other Responsibilities: The following duties are to be performed as assigned:
- Develop and maintain OASAS clinic, substance abuse treatment program, WCPSS policies and procedures; plan and implement program structure and activities; and recruit, hire, train, and supervise program staff.
- Determine program needs, priorities, and directions based on sound planning and analysis of community need.
- Work collaboratively with the Managing Director of Mental Health & Support Services to ensure adequate coverage of Mental Health On-Call system and to provide Mental Health First Aid Training.
- Implement quality assurance activities, including chart reviews and the development and improvement of resources and policies and procedures.
- Carry out or assist with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.