Interprets physicians orders; contacts physicians for clarification of orders if necessary. Dispenses the right dosage of the right medication, properly labeled, to the patient at the right time. Communicates drug information to medical and nursing staff.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Receives, transcribes, interprets and fills inpatient orders.
3. Performs computer tasks that relate to order entry and computer maintenance.
4. Receives and fills outpatient prescriptions.
5. Prepares IV admixtures utilizing aseptic technique and organizes IV mixtures.
6. Charges and delivers IV admixtures.
7. Works as surgery satellite, mobile, ambulatory care, or rehabilitation hospital pharmacist as occasions dictate.