| RN Coordinator - Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program - Heart Transplant |
Progress your nursing career with a world-renowned health system while making a positive difference in your community. If you believe you've got what it takes to be an outstanding nurse who shares our values of Patients First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork then join us at Ochsner.
This job collaborates with the heart transplant team to enhance evidence-based practice regarding the care of the Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) patients as well as education and clinical expertise in caring for mechanical circulatory support patients. The VAD Coordinator acts as the primary resource regarding care of the VAD patient, possessing advanced knowledge in cardiovascular nursing, end stage heart failure, and various types of mechanical circulatory support devices.
- Ochsner is the only VAD provider in the region
- Rated the top Heart Transplant Center by CareChex
WHAT WE OFFER
Ochsner offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees. Want to learn more?
We also offer a variety of benefits and other opportunities to reward and incentivize our nurses...
- “Pay for Performance” with strong merit-based pay increases
- Paid time-off programs for FT and PT positions
- Clinical Ladder Program provides additional compensation for strong clinical and professional skills
- Competitive differential rates for shift, weekend, charge, and preceptor
- Tuition assistance
- Certification bonus
- Nursing Education Grant Fund
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Checks, sets up, and troubleshoots and monitor all VAD equipment, controllers, monitors, etc. in the inpatient and outpatient care settings.
- Discusses, describes, and demonstrates appropriate steps to follow when responding to critical VAD alarms or system malfunctions.
- Designs and implements an individualized plan of care for the VAD patient while collaborating with multidisciplinary personnel to provide comprehensive and effective patient care across multiple care settings.
- Assesses the educational needs of VAD patients/caregivers as well as other medical personnel and provide effective educational offerings to address VAD learning needs.
- Develops and implements VAD patient care projects as identified.
- Supports standardization and development of departmental protocols, policies, and procedures for VAD patient care delivery.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.