To apply for this position, please follow this link:
Job responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Interview patients, measure vital signs and record information in the patient’s paper or electronic medical record (EMR) depending on the various study requirements.
• Prepares exam rooms and cleans/disinfects exam rooms as per clinical policies.
• Pre-screen potential research patients
• Prepares patients for examinations for the various studies.
• Process, ship, and record laboratory specimens per clinical and/or study policies.
• Operate diagnostic equipment for screening or other visits such as electrocardiograms, blood pressure monitors, and glucometers.
• Assist fellow coordinators in daily tasks required for implementation/maintenance of study protocol
• Correspond with sponsors, IRB, outside organizations/facilities, and patients via phone, mailings, faxing, etc.
• Responsible for ordering office, lab and study material for multiple sites
• Organize and maintain the study database and study binders
• Responsible for data entry, validation and quality control of source data
• Receive and process research related mail, study drug, and study supplies
• Dispense, prepare, and sometimes administer investigational medications, injections, and/or treatments as directed by research study protocols.
• Recruitment, screening, enrollment, and retention of clinical research subjects
• Coordinates and maintains contacts with patients, physicians, sponsors
• Request and review medical records
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required
• Bilingual in Spanish Preferred
• Organizing, coordinating, and multi-tasking skills.
• Ensure proper documentation, adequate supplies, and patient scheduling.
• Ability to observe, measure, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
• Knowledge of clinical and/or surgical facilities, instruments, and equipment.
• Ability to learn new software applications for electronic data entry.
• Basic knowledge of brand name/ generic medications
• Clinical Research experience preferred or a degree in a life science discipline
• Work is normally performed in an outpatient clinic environment
• Occasionally, employee may be required to work weekends.
• Training and working at other locations will be required
• Some travel to investigator meetings and educational seminars may be required and may include nights and weekends.
Benefits provided (after 90 days of employment)
Medical and Dental insurance provided by the employer for employee with premium paid 100% by employer.
This position has a starting rate of $45,000 with a max range of $60,000. This is negotiable depending on amount of relevant experience.