HCSS supports UTMB Health by employing experienced nurses and support staff on a per diem basis for daily, short-term and long-term assignments at competitive pay rates. We are currently hiring Audiologists in Galveston, Texas.
Contract and Permanent Positions Available
$37-$40/hour for a 13 week assignment
Monday – Friday, 8:00a – 5:00p
- Administers a variety of routine and complex audiometric tests to determine patients’ hearing threshold, degree, site and nature of damage to the auditory system and course of treatment.
- Provides patient evaluation and treatments, employing techniques consistent with age specific concerns for the following age groups: neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric as defined in position addendum.
- Interprets basic and advanced diagnostic tests and prepares reports on diagnostic testing, implications of hearing disorder, and treatment plans. Evaluates patients' progress with amplification or other treatment planning.
- Plans, conducts, and directs identification conservation, habilitative and rehabilitative programs.
- Determines need for patient referral to specialists.
- Provides consultation and guidance to patients and other departments.
- Assists in evaluating standards of patient care, assessing areas of need or improvement.
- Makes recommendations for updates to procedures.
- Supervises clinical work of support personnel.
- Instructs and demonstrates testing procedures and treatments to clinic personnel, medical students, and residents.
- Participates in interdisciplinary testing and research projects.
- Serves as a preceptor to audiology doctoral students.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
Galveston is home to 32 miles of beaches, a wide variety of family attractions, museums, restaurants, downtown shopping, top resort hotels, and outdoor adventure activities by land or sea, including kayaking, diving, deep-sea fishing, birding, golfing, beach volleyball and more.
For more information call: (409) 747-4795
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and HealthCare Systems Staffing are equal opportunity, affirmative action institutions which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.