Manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance improvement (PI) programs are developed and managed using a data driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives. Assures that organization-wide PI initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness; participates in organizational strategic planning and provides leadership for PI policy development; provides leadership and coordination for improving the organization's core functions and evaluating the impact that systems improvements have on the organization; and researches and develops PI training programs that focus on enabling the labor force to achieve improvements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Able to conduct Value Map analysis and process mapping
- Able to conduct statistical analysis on processes and systems
- Able to create project plans along with skillset to implement large scale projects
- Knowledge of health care and hospital functions, organizations and programs
- Skilled in communicating effectively, facilitating group processes and training staff, preparing policy analysis, including interpreting statistics and evaluating research studies
- Planning, designing and evaluating performance improvement plans
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with system leadership, employees, consultants, community
- Must be able to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion
- Must be able to act independently as a representative for the executive management or leadership team
- Demonstrate problem solving skills resulting in the achievement of shared goals
- Experience in project management and the development of work plans for performance improvement and change management
1. Builds, directs, manages, and ensures implementation and effectiveness of the hospital's PI System in support of goals and objectives.
2. Implements a PI process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on the hospital. Coordinates with hospital leadership to ensure alignment and optimal use of resources related to PI.
3. Researches and designs appropriate hospital-wide PI teams for all levels of management and employees.
4. Trains and certifies in-house PI trainers and provides training in Lean Six Sigma.
5. Increases the PI capacity of the organization in order to ensure that system goals are effectively and efficiently met. Increases the system's capacity to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's practices, partnerships, programs, use of resources, and the impact of the systems' PI program.
6. Establishes a continuous PI effort along with a monitoring and reporting system. Regularly reports the status of PI efforts and impacts.
7. Ensures needed data is collected on a timely basis, regular reports on progress are distributed, and recommendations are made for future improvements based on the data.
8. Other duties and projects as assigned.
9. Manages Performance Improvement Senior PI Engineer and PI Senior Analyst