The Lead Education Consultant implements the capability growth strategy and agenda within the Learning and Capabilities Development content area of Talent Management.
The Lead Education Consultant partners with business leaders and HR business partners to determine training needs, develop training programs, and demonstrate current program effectiveness through a consistent application of the overarching learning philosophy. The consultant will design, update, and implement in-house, and vendor-provided training programs using a variety of delivery methods, including but not limited to classroom, individual, self-paced, and computer-based training. The Lead role will oversee the quality and value of the Education Request Process for simple and complex request; including performance improvement and team building request.
Instructional Design and Development
- Design, create, and develop informal and formal learning solutions to meet organizational needs; analyzing and selecting the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact.
- Design and integrate interactive concepts and activities in both classroom and distance learning formats to encourage application and skill development.
- Establish/Follow instructional design and development standards for all existing and future education and training programs
- Serve as a resource for development, evaluation and revision educational activities and materials, including selection of third-party content/programs
- Define boundaries, set priorities, plan and manage multiple projects and service requests. Develop detailed project schedules for all assigned projects and service requests.
- Analyze customer workflow and/or processes flows and assist customers with reengineering or documenting education workflow for their department work.
- Perform the analysis design, development, implementation and evaluation of web-based and instructor-led training curricula; proactive consultation with subject matter experts to identify and obtain training objectives and content; draft storyboards and mock-ups, and write and develop content.
- LEAD the quality assurance oversight related to all education deliverables.
- Deliver informal and formal learning solutions in a manner that both engages the learner and produces the desired outcomes; managing and responding to learner needs; ensuring that the learning is made available in appropriate platforms and delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist customers with developing and deploy moderately complex education reports from the Learning Management System.
- Responsible for providing the technical skills and business knowledge necessary for continuous technological innovation, creative use of the assigned systems and technologies.
- Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as instructed by the supervisor (for assigned applications).
- Maintain increasing technical knowledge of assigned applications such as learning management, authoring, multimedia, etc.
Evaluating Learning Impact
- Gathering, organizing and analyzing information regarding the impact of learning solutions against key business drivers; presenting the information in a way that is meaningful to the organization; using learning metrics and analytics to inform organizational decision making.
- Lead the talent management team effort to show value of learning and performance management outcomes by monitoring documented outcome measures and ensuring documented feedback and reporting to HR Dashboard.
- Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Provide effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers timely in order to determine their need and help the customer resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service. Ensuring the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the department.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation of and post-implementation support of strategies that will further the organization's business and healthcare delivery success.
- Pursue professional growth and development through personal reading, seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the trends in his/her field of expertise.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Learning and Capabilities Development