Founded in 1866, University Hospitals serves the needs of patients through an integrated network of 18 hospitals, more than 40 outpatient health centers and 200 physician offices in 15 counties throughout northern Ohio. The system's flagship academic medical center, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, located on a 35-acre campus in Cleveland's University Circle, is affiliated with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. The main campus also includes University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, ranked among the top children's hospitals in the nation; University Hospitals MacDonald Women's Hospital, Ohio's only hospital for women; and University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center, part of the NCI-designated Case Comprehensive Cancer Center. UH is home to some of the most prestigious clinical and research programs in the nation, including cancer, pediatrics, women's health, orthopedics, radiology, neuroscience, cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, digestive health, dermatology, transplantation and urology. UH Cleveland Medical Center is perennially among the highest performers in national ranking surveys, including 'America's Best Hospitals' from U.S. News & World Report. UH is also home to Harrington Discovery Institute at University Hospitals - part of The Harrington Project for Discovery & Development. UH is the second largest employer in northern Ohio with 26,000 employees. For more information, go to UHhospitals.org.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience (acute care)
- 1 year experience in utilization management/case management in an acute care setting or experience as an ED nurse
- Must have sound clinical knowledge base of the population to be served
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Notable client service, communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use PCs, Microsoft Office suite, and general office equipment (i.e. printers, copy machine, FAX machine, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to apply concepts, utilize sound judgment and work independently within a framework of guidelines
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current RN licensure in the State of Ohio
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payer regulations
- Experience in ED utilization management/care management
- Experience with Interqual and Milliman criteria
- CM software proficiency