| Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice, a statewide non-profit trade association committed to the delivery of quality home health, hospice, and palliative care, is seeking to expand its staff. This is an exciting time of growth for the organization, and we seek an individual to join us in serving our mission. |
This position reports to the executive director and is responsible for serving and supporting the regulatory needs of the hospice and palliative care industry.
JOB SUMMARY: Strengthen OCHCH’s role in the hospice and palliative care regulatory arena; assist with advocacy of legislative issues pertinent to hospice and palliative care.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STAFF LIAISON TO: Hospice Committee, Palliative Care Committee, and any of its subcommittees and task forces
1. Research and analyze current and proposed regulations and legislation impacting hospice members and communicates pertinent, timely information to OCHCH hospice members through established channels such as the OCHCH Bulletin, workshops, webinars, conference calls, and regional meetings.
2. Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulations, legislation, and programs (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid).
3. Maintain current working knowledge of hospice operations including a basic understanding of hospice Medicare and Medicaid billing.
4. Develop toolkits and other resources for hospice members.
5. Respond to hospice member questions timely (helpdesk, phone, email).
6. Maintain good relationships with national and state agencies and third party payers such as CMS, Ohio Department of Medicaid, the Ohio Department of Health, and Palmetto GBA.
7. Fulfill the role of staff liaison to the Hospice and the Palliative Care Committees.
8. Develop and maintain relationships with applicable hospice and palliative care stakeholder groups/associations (i.e. Association for the Deaf, Hospital Association, etc.).
9. Serve as an executive and legislative lobbyist and is responsible for advocating on OCHCH’s behalf on regulatory and legislative matters that impact home care agencies, hospice programs, and palliative care services.
10. Assist the Director of Regulatory Affairs with home care-related issues.
11. Assist the director of advocacy with hospice-related and palliative care issues.
12. Make recommendations for new services, strategies, and positions as related to services for hospice and palliative care members.
13. Maintain a basic knowledge of accrediting organizations and be able to direct members to these programs.
14. Maintain communications with NAHC and NHPCO on federal issues and their impact on Ohio providers.
15. Present at workshops/conferences, and provide consultative services to OCHCH members.
16. Accept appointments to advisory workgroups and be an active member.
17. Work as a team with the all OCHCH staff members.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: Simple IRA with employer match, health, life and disability insurance, and a generous holiday and paid time off schedule. The position provides a flexible work schedule, with normal hours from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ET. This position is available immediately.
Email resume, cover letter and desired salary by April 15th to: Garry@ochch.org.