The Employee Engagement Coordinator leads the development and implementation of all internal marketing and communication strategies, recognition programs and events in collaboration with district leadership to ensure initiatives are in line with the strategic priorities, with a focus on improving culture and employee engagement.
The Employee Engagement Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Employee Assistance Program for the District. The incumbent will coordinate services and/or collaborate with staff to provide support to all APS employees in the following areas: short-term emergency counseling, network to community resources, training and workshops, employee wellness events, staff mediations, criminal history, crisis response, critical incident, FEI (the third party assistance program contractor for those employees who are seeking counseling, mental health assistance, or other support offered by the APS Employee Assistance Program).
The Employee Engagement Coordinator will also collaborate with other District personnel and programs of staff such as Risk Management, Student Counseling, APS Police, Professional Development, District Website, and Health Services.
The Employee Engagement Coordinator is also responsible for the development and implementation of the recognition programs and events, including the annual Employee Recognition and Retirement celebrations.
Incumbent will conduct mediations to address conflict in the workplace.
- Coordinates services from third party contractor of Employee Assistance Program Services and/or collaborates with staff to provide support to all APS employees in the areas of mental health, counseling, and other support services.
- Maintains, provides, and disseminates information and materials regarding the District’s Employee Assistance Program and support services both in group settings and on an individual basis as needed to encourage utilization of the program and benefits.
- Works with senior leaders to develop strategies and demonstrable links between engagement and strategic goals.
- Works with various departments to receive their insight and feedback on how to design, deploy, and evaluate effective engagement metrics and other initiatives.
- Performs mediations to resolve workplace conflicts.
- Represents the District and Employee Relations at meetings with employees, administrators, and employee organizations.
- Keeps abreast of legislative and professional trends and developments affecting employment programs.
- Develops, evaluates and implements new processes to ensure employees are informed of district and school initiatives, programs and announcements.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the annual, districtwide Employee Recognition and Retirement celebrations.
- Drafts and disseminates the monthly district newsletter.
- Provides best practice thinking and recommendations to evolve employee engagement across the district.
- Other job-related duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- The ability to develop timelines, manage multiple stakeholders, and execute on time is critical
- Strong understanding of HR laws, regulations, and best practice
- Hands on style with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Competent and up-to-date IT knowledge and experience – MS Office and Adobe
- Event planning experience desired