University Pediatricians, the practice plan for the Wayne State Department of Pediatrics and in affiliation with Children's Hospital of Michigan is seeking a full-time nurse practitioner for the neonatology division to work closely with physician and resident staff, patient care staff, patients and families to manage plan of care.
- Performs physical examinations, routine invasive, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment plans
- Functions as a consultant, educator, researcher, resource and role model for patient, families, community, nursing personnel and other health care providers.
- Educates and counsels the family members of patients on condition, desired results of treatment plans, and expectations during illness and recovery.
- Participates in the management of patient's care by determining the need for consultation to ensure the continuity and quality of care
- Prepares, develops and initiates treatment plan in consultation with attending physician
- Analyzes and promotes system changes to enhance quality of care and organizational effectiveness/efficiency
- Conducts/utilizes research to promote health and improve health care delivery.