Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
This position will be based at Poudre Valley Hospital, but will float to the Harmony Ed, and one other department depending on skill sets.
Career Opportunity for an Emergency Department RN Float Pool - Nights in Fort Collins, Colorado
As an ED RN for the University of Colorado Hospital, you will provide direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1+ years of recent acute care experience strongly preferred, and 6+ months of recent ED RN experience preferred.
- Adhere to expected and established protocols related to patient safety goals, fall and skin precautions, restraint use, and medication administration.
- Practice according to professional and ethical standards in accordance with the Colorado State Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code of Ethics, and Nursing Service Scope of Practice.
- Design individualized plans of care with the patient and foster a team approach by working collaboratively with the patient, family, primary care provider and other members of the health care team to ensure coordination of services.
- Assist patients with emotional support by providing appropriate resources and tools.
- Using evidence-based clinical nursing guidelines, provide information, education, and access to key resources including advantages and disadvantages of disease and treatment options, and coordinate referrals as appropriate.