Founded in 1978, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS*) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected healthcare management companies. UHS subsidiaries own and operate 235 acute care and behavioral health facilities and surgery centers in 37 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom, and employ more than 74,000 people.
UHS is seeking a Regional/Market Director of Human Resources to join our team. This position is available in, Dallas, TX, Northern, CA, and Kirkland, WA.
The Regional/Market Director of Human Resources provides strategic HR direction to a group of facilities normally situated in a market or region, Oversees human resources operations to determine areas of strength and opportunity for improvement. Works with local and other company leaders to recruit, retain and develop employees to enable strong business and clinical outcomes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees recruitment process for assigned facilities. Ensures applicant tracking system is fully utilized. Creates/maintains college recruiting and job fair programs. Collaborates with facility and other leaders in resolving issues with applicant pool or recruitment process flow and resolution. Directly responsible for Director level recruitment within market.
- Fosters a positive employee relations environment. Works with facility leaders on retention strategies. Oversees employee survey activity and exit interview process.
- Interprets HR policies and Employee Handbooks. Provides employee relations guidance for non-routine issues. Directly manages sensitive and/or escalated matters. Partners with corporate Assistant Directors on issues as needed.
- Ensures HRIS system is accurate. Creates systems for tracking and ensuring accuracy of employee data. Develops dashboards and spreadsheets to understand key HR metrics and communicates impact to business leaders. Responds to requests for acknowledgement and resolution of data issues that arise (i.e. monthly RAS reports). May participate in evaluating systems/practices and their impact on facility business.
- Partners with corporate legal staff to manage external complaints (e.g., EEOC, State Civil Rights, & NLRB position statements, etc.).
- Provides guidance and assistance with labor related issues, including contract administration, as required. Works under the direction of the Staff Vice President, Labor Relations.
- Manages compensation activity. Collaborates with corporate resources for periodic market study updates. Oversees hiring rates, merit increase and other administrative activity across assigned facilities. Ensures all facility rate and range information is accurate and up to date.
- Serves as liaison with company benefits vendors and corporate benefits staff on issues related to benefit election, coverage and administration as required.
- Works with facility leaders and corporate learning and development team to decide on appropriate type and frequency of training activity. Provides feedback on return on investment of this activity.
- Coordinates on-site regulatory activity (i.e. TJC, State Licensing, CMS, Payor survey, etc.)
Serves in interim-role when vacancies occur in assigned facilities as needed.