Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Crisis Recovery Center at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of quality care to patients and families, according to the individualized needs of the patient and following the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Be competent to elicit and analyze patient information and health history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process.
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship to promote patients' successful management of symptoms related to ongoing medical conditions.
- Be responsible for the supervision, compliance tracking, documentation, assessment of side effects, vital signs, physical assessments and medication education for patients.
- Prepare medisets as ordered by the prescribing health care provider.
- Provide daily medication monitoring for patients.
- Conduct psychoeducation groups regarding medication management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska at time of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the followingauthorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider),American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military TrainingNetwork (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
- Variable schedule to meet department needs.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health unit teams.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year Registered Nurse experience in an acute care hospital.
- Experience in mental health or social service setting.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Behavioral Health Nursing
Req ID: 144598