Providence is calling a Medical Assistant II ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to the Providence Saint John's Health Center Doctor's of Saint John's Medical Group in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Under the direct medical supervision of a physician the Medical Assistant II coordinates and assists with the implementation of delegated aspects of care and assists in both direct and indirect patient care of the Saint John's Health Clinic.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from accredited medical assisting program or licensed RN or LVN.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Minimum 3 years medical office experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ICD-9/CPT Coding.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records workflow and systems.
- Keyboard/type 45 wpm.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: California-Los Angeles
Req ID: 151492