Providence is calling a Request Specialist ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Facey Utilization Management location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate competency and knowledge in HMO/EPO/PPO eligibility and benefit coverages.
- Serve as a liaison between patients, hospitals, health plans, and Facey Medical Foundation and Facey Medical Group.
- Be responsible for verification of eligibility and benefits for managed care members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One to two years of experience in a clinic, hospital or related health care industry in a managed care environment.
- Knowledge of HMO/EPO/PPO insurance processing, ICD-9/CPT coding and medical terminology.
- Ability to use 10-key calculator by touch.
- Type 45 wpm, computer skills and data entry experience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills, handle heavy phones, be organized and self-starter.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, San Gabriel and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 147834