Providence is calling a Speech Pathologist ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Evaluate patients of all ages regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, swallowing, and oral motor disorders.
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age-specific patient population
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree, Speech Language Pathology or Communication Disorders
- 1 year providing Speech and Language Services
- Current BLS-HCP – Basic Life Support - for Healthcare Providers - American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) - CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer accepted on hire until card expiration date.
- Current License/registration by the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board of California/Department of Consumer Affairs
- Current California Driver License (for designated PHC employees that have driving responsibilities.)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Clinical hospital experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 121460