Providence is calling an Angio Technician Per Diem, Day Shift to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide health care services using medical imaging techniques to assist in diagnosis or treatment of patients
- Perform radiographic and related procedures to demonstrate vascular structures for interpretation and / or therapeutic intervention by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner
- Exercise professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics
- Provide appropriate patient care and recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure
- Respond to patient and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on all age groups
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited radiography program
- Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- California Radiologic Technologist
- State of California Fluoroscopy licensure
- Documentation of CEU's in radiography or related areas
- One year diagnostic radiology experience
- At least 6 months experience in a health care setting including, but not limited to, department secretary, admitting, billing or a medical records clerical position
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers through the American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and abbreviations
- Experience with computer entry and word processing
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Cath Lab
Req ID: 151640