Providence is calling a per diem, variable shift Food Services Worker to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Performs a variety of routine duties surrounding the preparation and service of food and related sanitation duties according to established policies and regulatory requirements.
- Greet all customers appropriately with a smile and respond to customer complaints with tact and discretion
- Clean and sanitize equipment and work unit accordint to departmental procedures and schedules
- Area of service include: Patient Services, Cafeteria, Doctor's Dining Room, and Catering.
- Exemplify the Medical Center's core values in every customer contact.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families, visitors, hospitals staff and co-workers.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort (lift.carry up to 50 lbs)
- Push/pull heavy equipment/supplies
- Reach and extend the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Walking, standing for extended periods
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Safe Food Handling practices certification
- Six months institutional food preparation experience
- Basic knowledge of modified diets
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 144639