Providence is calling a per diem, variable shift Clinical Social Worker to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide interventions to remove psychosocial barriers preventing safe and timely transition through the continuum of care.
- Collaborate with members of the healthcare team, patient/family and community liaisons to assure psychosocial and socioeconomic needs are addressed in order to enhance outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited Masters Program in Social Work.
- 1-3 years recent experience in acute care inpatient setting with patient population in area of service.
- Advanced communication skills to communicate effectively with patients, hospital staff, physicians and the community.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Flexibility and strong self motivation/organizational skills to prioritize work and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- A courteous and cooperative service-oriented demeanor.
- Computer experience/literacy as needed for the job.
Preferred qualifications for this position:
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Knowledgeable of community resources with care coordination and discharge planning experience
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 146594