Providence is calling a Patient Care Representative I (Full Time) to the Providence Medical Institute Orthopedics location in Westlake Village, CA.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for patient management, the flow of patients through the front office in an efficient and professional manner over the counter cash management.
- Contact insurance companies to obtain verification of insurance eligibility.
- Contact insurance companies to obtain prior-authorization for all surgical procedures.
- Coordinate and ensure necessary surgical equipment is authorized by insurance company prior to surgical procedure scheduled.
- Submit all HMO referral requests for post-op physical therapy, DME (Durable Medical Equipment) and home health.
- Calculate surgical fees prior to scheduling surgery; communicate detailed information to patient.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One year of experience in related position.
- Experience in Managed care referrals and insurance authorizations including; HMO, PPO, POS and Medicare.
- Previous working experience as a Medical Assistant is highly desirable.
- Experience in CPT / ICD10 coding.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Typing/keyboarding of 45 wpm.
- Provide coverage to Simi Valley and West Hills locations as needed.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Spanish bilingual.
- One (1) or more years experience in a medical office setting.
About the Providence Medical Institute you will serve.
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-West Hills
Req ID: 142842