Providence is calling a Telephone Operator (0.0 FTE, Variable Shifts) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
**Please note that this is an on-call position.
In this position you will:**
- Perform duties as a hospital Switchboard (PBX) operator for multiple hospitals (including all internal departments), clinics, provider practices and groups within Western Montana Region (WMR).
- Handle customer's telephone calls, faxes, paging and messages promptly and courteously in a timely manner.
- Serve as an After Hours Answering Service for multiple providers, hospitals, clinics and critical service providers within the WMR.
- Ensure that after-hours patient-to-provider; provider-to-provider calls; and office messages are expedited according to the emergent nature of the call.
- Serve as a critical communications node for the WMR in the event of a community disaster or emergency.
- Coordinate critical communications equipment repair for St. Patrick Hospital providers and staff as well as providers and staff of associated clinics and practices.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One year of experience in an office or health care setting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows
- Excellent keyboarding skills and familiarity with copiers, faxes and telephone equipment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Prior employment as an operator
About the hospital you will serve.
St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 144210