Providence is calling an Analyst - Surgical Registries to Providence Portland Medical Center (PPMC) in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Collect, compile, and maintain statistical data on all oncology surgery cases diagnosed and/or treated at Providence Portland Medical Center (PPMC) and Providence St. Vincent Medical Center (PSVMC).
- Monitor disease outcomes through annual follow-up contacts with patients.
- Prepare information for analysis and dissemination.
- Ensure that the data management functions are in compliance with the disease-specific national guidelines.
- Ensure that quality issues are addressed and monitored regularly.
- Assist with database upgrades.
- Provide technical and analytical system support for the disease registries as implemented by ministries throughout the system.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree -or- a combo of education or applicable experience
- 5 years of experience in an analytical role working with multiple data systems, creating relational databases, and performing data manipulation
- 5 years of experience working with surgical oncology patients and surgical oncology surgeons
- Experience working in a research or healthcare environment
- Working knowledge of medicine and related fields including anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Specialized knowledge of oncology surgery, including its treatments, disease classification, and coding
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Statistical analysis experience
- About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 144095