Providence is calling a Senior Manager Real Estate to Providence Health & Services in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Senior Manager Real Estate to be responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of owned and leased satellite properties as assigned by the Regional Director. This position requires frequent property visits. Typical portfolio contains approximately 1,000,000 square feet. Responsible for the oversight of approximately $10M in operating expenses and approximately $9M in third party revenue (may vary based upon region).
In this position you will:
- Be assigned day to day management of assigned properties, meeting three primary goals: 1) tenant satisfaction; 2) well maintained properties; and 3) return on investment goal as established by the Real Estate Council.
- Act as a mentor and leader to assistant real estate and real estate managers within the region.
- Provides regional leadership and oversight in Regional Director's absence.
- Serve as the single point of contact for the tenants of assigned properties. Establishes a working relationship with tenants and provides best in class customer service. Maintains liaison through frequent visits and telephone calls. Meets with all tenants prior to occupancy.
- Be responsible for the developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the regional properties, including physical condition, mechanical and structural components.
- Be accountable for maximizing occupancy of owned properties through marketing vacant spaces. Ensures that vacant space remains in top condition for viewing of potential tenants.
- Be responsible for receiving prior administrative and/or Real Estate Council approval for all new proposed tenants.
- Perform move in and move out inspections with tenants prior to occupancy or lease terminations and completes related paperwork in a timely basis. Communicates and prepares space for turnover (i.e. janitorial, painting, minor repairs, utilities and keys).
- Be accountable for negotiating and preparing lease contract for execution ensuring policies are adhered. Assures that written leases comply with negotiated terms and that tenant complies with lease terms. Follows decision matrix in regards to transaction approval. Completes lease economic summary as part of the negotiation process.
- Be responsible for tracking key lease dates and negotiates lease renewals, extensions or terminations.
- Be accountable for budget preparation and performance in accordance with established return on investment goals.
- Be accountable for monitoring, tracking and reviewing operational expenses for optimal performance and compares to benchmarked standards.
- Be responsible for preparing annual CAM reconciliations and ensuring tenants are complying with lease terms related to CAM.
- Review operating statements and aged receivables on an on-going basis and resolve discrepancies as required.
- Be responsible for ensuring that certificates of insurance are kept up to date and in compliance with lease terms/contracts.
- Manage service providers to ensure top quality work is being performed in timely manner on properties and following good stewardship of financial resources.
- Be responsible for coordinating unpermitted repair and capital improvement projects.
- Act as the liaison for permitted capital improvement projects.
- Perform routine inspections (in compliance with policies set forth by real estate administration) of portfolio to ensure that the property/building is compliance with standards and grounds are well maintained and safe. Resolves failures or deficiencies. Inspections should include deferred maintenance and other related data as well as recommendations for corrective action.
- Be accountable for monitoring maintenance staff for budget compliance and preventative maintenance scheduling and completion.
- Be responsible for providing data related to leases and properties for upload into the Archibus data base. Ensures that updates are provided in accordance with service level agreements on a continuous basis. Actively utilizes Archibus on day to day basis as functional tool in managing portfolio.
- Be accountable for maintaining basic administrative files and records relevant to building operations and tenants. Provides reports as required by operating procedures.
- Be Accountable for tenant communications, assuring that the building rules and reaulations are followed, complaints are resolved and that tenants receive timely notices on building issues/projects.
- Be responsible for property way finding and tenant signage in accordance with local jurisdictions.
- Be responsible for serving on building specific safety committees.
- Attend regional leadership meetings in place of the regional director as required and represent the real estate and construction program in a professional manner, keeping aligned with program goals and the strategic goals of the region.
- Must be able to travel throughout region.
- Be responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team success and reflects the Providence Health & Services' mission, philosophy, and core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree is required; MBA or concentration in real estate studies preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years in the field of real estate/property management and/or real estate transactions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Real Estate designations (e.g. RPA, CPM, CCIM) are desirable.
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrates Providence Health and Services' Mission, Vision and Core Values to customers, employees and visitors; and provides quality services in the performance of work assignments and duties. Understands and aligns with the Core System Strategy. Sees self as a mission leader, an example and role model of always living the values.
- Working knowledge of all real estate documents including but not limited to leases, subleases, lease assignments and amendments. Includes demonstrated knowledge of real estate and lease terminology and laws.
- Working knowledge of financial data and budgeting practices (ROI/NPV/DCF).
- Working knowledge of building and property inspection procedures.
- Able to interact in a professional manner with all levels of the organization and represents organization in a manner that reflects the mission and core values to external tenants.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, negotiate and close lease deals.
- Demonstrated best in class customer services skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to work independently but also as a team member.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to travel.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 142550