Providence is calling a Medical Coding Specialist to Cardiology Associates in Olympia, WA.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) and is eligible for benefits.
The Coding Specialist is responsible for the collection of data from patient medical records.
In this position you will:
- Perform ICD-9-CM and CPT diagnostic and procedural coding by utilizing a computerized coding methodology and currently accepted coding and abstracting guidelines for billing and data collection.
- Code all diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to appropriate classification system.
- Analyze inpatient, short stay, and outpatient procedure charts for missing documentation.
- Respond to coding questions/issues and reimbursement questions from medical staff and other departments as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year of medical billing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of community college/business school training
- Additional course work in business or health care related subjects
- Accreditation as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist
- Two (2) years previous cardiology billing experience
- General accounts receivable skills with a background in the medical field
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPC and ICD-9 coding in a busy physician group practice
- Experience using EPIC.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 149209