Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Enterostomal Therapy Nurse to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a skilled and knowledgeable Enterostomal Therapy Nurse who is dedicated to providing nursing care to a diverse group of patients.
This is a 0 FTE (per diem), day shift position.
In this position you will:
- Consult with other health care providers in making recommendations for care or providing direct care to the ostomy patients, wound care patients and patients in need of skin care as requested.
- Utilize the nursing process to assess, develop a nursing diagnosis, develop a plan of care with appropriate interventions and evaluate the effects of the plan.
- Serve as a resource for inpatients, assist with discharge planning and work with ostomy patients on an outpatient basis as needed.
- Serve as a consultant to the physicians and/or staff nurses in regard to ostomy, wound care or skin care.
- Provide consultation, direct care and/or staff education for other health care agencies which may require off-site visits as contracted by Providence St. Peter Hospital.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State.
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
- Certification in wound, ostomy and continence care within 9 months of hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at this facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 136731