Health Services Asset Management is calling a Billing/Legal Accounts Specialist to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
The Billing/Legal Accounts Specialist contributes to the achievement of service delivery, performance standards, and financial targets. This position serves the Health Services Asset Management Department, a licensed, bonded thrid party collection agency, wholly owned by Providence Health & Services.
In this position you will:
- Collect A/R from commercial and government insurance companies.
- Ensure that Health Services Asset Management is in compliance with all state regulations relating to insurance, bankruptcy, probate and liens.
- Treat payors and patients with respect as well as protecting their privacy.
- Take initiative to secure payment or resolve account balances.
- Resolve exceptions to ensure the proper flow of accounts through the collections process.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years' experience in call center, billing, collections or financial industry.
- Ability to successfully pass a credit check
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Patient Account Technician
- Prior Epic Experience
About the department you will serve.
HSAM - Health Services Asset Management is a third-party, licensed and bonded collection agency, wholly own by Providence Health and Services Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 141173