Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Line Cook \(Per Diem, Variable\) to work in Nutrition Services at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
Promotes the mission of Swedish by participating as a vital member of the
Nutrition Services team by preparing food products utilizing basic and advanced cooking techniques, standardized recipes, and plating guidelines in meeting production schedules in accordance with health, safety, and sanitary procedures\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for processing food items, ensuring proper utilization, storage of food and supplies\.
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work areas\.
- Take orders from customers and expedite in an organized and timely manner\.
- Perform related tasks as required\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or GED\.
- Professional food preparation experience\.
- Current State of Washington Food Permit\.
- Must possess basic baking skills and the ability to prepare both convenience pre\-packaged items, as well as fresh items from scratch\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrate professional ability to safely and accurately operate a variety of food service equipment\.
About the Ballard Campus\.
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 127504