Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Director Research Finance \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work for the Clinical Research Center Admin department at Metropolitan Park East in Seattle, WA\.
The Director – Finance Research is responsible for financial oversight of all research activity accounts to ensure financial viability and operational efficiencies\. Develop and generate robust reporting tools for the timely reporting and analysis of research revenue and expenses\. Determine short and long term financial and strategic plans as well as effective and efficient processes to sustain research activities and Office of Clinical Research \(OCR\) functions, including budgeting, financial modeling and analyses\. Ensure compliance with Medicare billing requirements for research\.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for Research policies with financial impact\.
- Makes recommendations on systems and procedures to ensure optimum financial management internal control and timely reporting\.
- The Director will also provide day\-to\-day leadership and decision making for research administrators and principal investigators and will provide oversight and career development of research finance staff\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years in management of accounting/financial analysis, required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing both federal and non\-federal research funds, required/ 3 years of management or team leadership supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of research accounting processes, procedures and financial controls, including revenue cycle management – charge capture, coding, payor compliance; supply management, cost reduction principles and purchasing principles
- Experience and familiarity with federal compliance standards associated with receipt of federal funds and OMB A\-133; knowledge of financial analysis techniques; knowledge and understanding of the expectations and requirements of external & internal auditing
- Thorough understanding of general ledger systems including the interfaces between the general ledger and subsystems; advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases and report writing software\.
- Ability to manage and understand data; motivated and intuitive thinker
- Ability to prioritize organize, plan, and implement services as well as handle multiple projects/problems simultaneously
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, and team building skills: evidence of this should include dealing well with people, effective problem solving, appropriately confronting issues, motivating others as individuals and as groups, planning, organizing and directing the activities of others\.
- Demonstrated skill in working with minimal supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills for reviewing financial operations, complex transactions, new programs and contract pricing
- Aptitude and expertise in the use of personal computers and software including spreadsheets and word processing
- Ability to develop financial systems to support new or expanded operations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree or Certification in finance, business or accounting is preferred
- CMA or CPA preferred
- Lawson experience strongly preferred
- Strong PC skills, specifically SRC, PeopleSoft GL, Asset Management and MS Excel
About the Swedish Center forResearch and Innovation \(SCRI\)
SCRI supports and administers research activities throughoutthe six Swedish campus locations\. SCRI is one of the leading clinicaltrial sites in the western United States, and at any given time, there are morethan 600 research studies being conducted by Swedish\-affiliated clinicians andother investigators\. In addition to participating in major federally fundedprograms Swedish physicians are involved in research studies of new treatmentapproaches for everything from Coronary\-Artery disease to Cancer to MultipleSclerosis\. To support this work, Swedish employs numerous research staffincluding coordinators, scientists, and research nurses\. Below are a fewhighlights of our research\.
Through our centralizedoversight mechanismwe support the core research functions of study coordination, financialoversight, risk management, federal grant administration \(pre\- andpost\-award\),contract negotiation, feasibility and ethics review, clinical trialtracking and billing integration, regulatory compliance, investigatordevelopment and training\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 141088