Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.7 FTE, Evenings\) to work at the Swedish Orthopedic Institute at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process\.
The Swedish Orthopedic Institute began as the first dedicated facility of its kind in the Pacific Northwest, located at Swedish First Hill\. Today, the institute has grown to include a network of more than 80 of the region's the most experienced surgeons and physiatrists at four Swedish campuses\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for providing excellent and adaptive nursing care based on the individual patient needs using the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Be responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel which participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected treatment outcomes are met
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS Certification
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience in an acute care \(hospital\) setting\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Orthopedic Nurse Certification
- One year of orthopedics nursing experience in an acute care setting
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 136667