Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Vice President Philanthropic Services to work in the Foundation Annual Gifts department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Vice President Philanthropic Services works closely with the President of the Swedish Foundation, the Vice President Development, and Foundation Directors\. In cooperation with the Foundation President, the SMCF Board, the Swedish Community Board, Swedish senior administration and medical staff to provide system\-wide executive operational leadership and management for philanthropic initiatives including the design and operational execution for the next major fundraising campaign for Swedish Medical Center\.
In this position you will:
- Have accountability for the execution of significant mission and income business strategies and goals\.
- Manage Foundation leadership staff for operations, finance, donor relations, stewardship, prospect management, and other duties as assigned\.
- Develop and implement strategic plans designed to identify and maintain relationships with individual, foundation and corporate donors\.
- Direct operational activities designed to support planning, execution and fulfillment of a comprehensive development program including fundraising programs, back\-end support operations, finance and stewardship staff\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent experience\.
- 10 years in a progressively responsible position within large local and national complex organizations\.
- Participation as a leader in the successful execution of multi\-year multi\-million dollar comprehensive fundraising campaign\.
- Ability to explain complex business and fundraising strategies suitable for practical application and implementation by non\-professionals\.
- Outcome driven; strong project management ability\. Able to respond to changing circumstances and priorities\.
- Collaborative leadership, management, coaching and development of diverse staff\.
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships\. Able to work through others to accomplish goals and create consensus among cross\-functional staff to bring closure to projects/initiatives\.
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 143227