The Primary Care Provider serves as a practicing physician who is responsible for the overall management of patients enrolled for healthcare services provided by the Phoenix VA Health Care System (PHVAHCS). Responsible for administrative tasks associated with clinic operations.
The physician will work in a team setting with other physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients. Computer skills are essential as PHVAHCS is fully computerized for note documentation, entering orders and requesting consults.
There positionswill belocated atone of the followingCommunity Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). Please let us know on your application which location you are interested in:
NorthwestCBOC - Surprise
Southwest CBOC - Southwest Phoenix
Tour of duty: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
PCS is not authorized
Recruitment/Relocation incentive has been authorized.
* U.S. citizenship.
* Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
* Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* Proficient in spoken and written English (for patient care).
**Supervisory experience is highly preferred, although not required.
Important Items to Note:
*Salary will be determined by a Compensation Panel of your peers.
*This position will remain open until filled.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light carrying less than 15 pounds. Reaching above shoulder. Use of fingers. Walking 1 hour. Standing 2 hours. Mostly sitting. Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4. Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in other eye. Ability to distinguish basic colors. Hearing (aid permitted). Working with hands in water. Working closely with others.
All requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement. Required Documents:
2. Occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire. Note: If applying online, you will automatically fill this out. If you are applying by fax, please follow the instructions under the HOW TO APPLY section of the vacancy announcement.
3. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required if a Veteran). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
4. Include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (requiredonlyif current or priorFederal governmentemployee).