Providence is calling an Accounts Receivable Billing Resolution Specialist to BusinessServices at Providence Seward Medical Center in Seward, AK.
The AR Billing Resolution Specialist will ensure account and claim information contains comprehensive and accurate data to provide for timely billing and optimal reimbursement for services.
In this position you will:
- Maximize the number and percentage of patient bills processed without denials or errors.
- Be responsible for ensuring all claims are accurate and compliant with government rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of registration, billing, retrieval, electronic data interchange and online systems.
- Coordinate billing functions with functions of registration and charge entry.
- Work closely and communicates with insurance companies, government payers, hospital staff, physicians, patients and others to ensure timely billing and resolution of patient accounts.
Required qualifications for this position:
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years medical accounts receivable experience, including coding and billing.
About the Ministry you will serve
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 151757