Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Surgical Pediatrics, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to the Surgical and Pediatric Unit at Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide care to patients who require an acute pre/post operative or pediatric environment.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care needs for patients with a variety of medical or surgical conditions.
- Demonstrate strong teaching and communication skills with patients, family members, and multidisciplinary medical professionals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) / Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) certification within 6 months of hire for Pediatric RNs
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at St. Patrick Hospital
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pediatric Nursing
Req ID: 151796