Providence is calling a Senior Accounting Analyst to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst to be responsible for financial analysis, application of US GAAP to complex accounting transactions, ensuring consistent application of and compliance with Providence Health & Services Technical Accounting Bulletins and Financial Operating Procedures, monitoring assigned entities to ensure internal controls are in place and functioning effectively, preparing tax return schedules and/or review, participation in financial audit activities, continuous process improvement efforts, and coordination of assigned projects. Primary areas of responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, monthly financial analysis, regulatory reporting, process review and participation in system wide standardization projects, and acting as lead GL Accounting representative on special projects.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the coordination, review, and approval of month end related activities for assigned entities. Key activities include reviewing and approving journal entries in compliance with policies, ensuring close activities are completed on time and accurately, compiling and/or reviewing period financial packages, performing analytical procedures designed to detect unusual variations and ensuring errors in financial statements are identified and resolved. Responsible for facilitating close meetings with entity finance staff or equivalent.
- Take the lead in working directly with other corporate departments (e.g., Shared Services, Accounts Payable, and Payroll), finance staff, and accounting staff to identify, assess, and resolve issues and concerns surrounding transactions flowing to the general ledger as well as improving information flow and accounting processes around these transactions.
- Review and approve regulatory reporting, including but not limited to, Department of Health, IRS Form 990, Business & Occupation Tax, Use Tax, and other reporting as required.
- Provide support and guidance to accountants on completing accounting tasks.
- Provide assistance in matters affecting Finance, including budget preparation, expenditure and revenue tracking and contract compliance.
- Assist in development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to general accounting functions.
- Analyze and interpret trends and variances and present and/or make recommendations to management.
- Assist management in assuring policies, procedures, guidelines, and professional standards are followed in an appropriate manner.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
- Seven years of experience.
- Five years of healthcare or not-for-profit experience or equivalent position specific experience (e.g., grants, foundations, corporate accounting, and treasury).
- This position also requires five years of experience using Lawson or equivalent accounting system, solid knowledge of GAAP and extensive accounting and analysis experience.
- Proficient in use of computers, including intermediate to advanced Excel, basic Word, Outlook, and Access skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- CPA, CMA and/or relevant Graduate Degree.
- Healthcare finance operations and project coordination experience.
- Technical accounting and process documentation.
- CPA, CMA
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 150083