The Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) Primary Care Supervisory Physician has complete oversight of primary care services provided to veterans within the CBOC. Additionally, the incumbent will provide clinical services to eligible Veterans. The incumbent is expected to interact with the veteran as well as family members, significant others, community agencies and providers, and other staff.
FUNCTIONS OR SCOPE OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Primary Care: 80%
* Responsible for the management and leadership of all Primary Care providers assigned to the CBOC, labor/management relations, meeting the primary care needs of the patient population, standardization of clinical practice, quality assurance , and meeting productivity standards, access and outcome measures.
* Attend and hold staff meetings.
* Responsible for insuring that the educational and research activities in Primary Care support the patient care activities and meet all regulatory requirements. This includes residency supervision, medical record documentation and patient confidentiality.
* Set standards of clinical competence and conduct which are monitored through the credentialing and privileging processes, performance evaluation, peer review, and the Performance Improvement process.
* Defining and accomplishing local and network-wide mission, vision, and goals for Primary Care.
* Promotes constructive problem resolution in an environment of competing priorities and assumes accountability for all professional and administrative activities under their supervision.
* Demonstrates: an extensive knowledge of population based (preventive) patient care, holistic medicine and the entire healthcare delivery system; an understanding of process management and the ability to promote teamwork throughout the organization.
* Responsible for managing the full spectrum of primary care which includes, but is not limited to, assessment, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring outcome measures of healthcare problems of patients presenting with internal medicine concerns.
* Perform histories and physicals, initiating and adjusting therapeutic regimens, ordering diagnostic and therapeutic tests/studies, initiating consults to specialty services, prescribing medications/supplies in accordance with VA policy and the VA formulary, providing appropriate follow up care.
Work Schedule: Full-Time Tour of Duty: M-F 8-1630pm
Functional Statement Title/#: Supervisory PhysicianBasic Requirements:
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from an institution who accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Board Certification in Primary Care or Internal Medicine.
- Supervisory and Leadership skills.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
light carrying less than 15 pounds, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, walking 1 hour, standing 2 hours, mostly sitting, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in other eye, ability to distinguish basic colors, hearing (aid permitted), working with hands in water, working closely with others, protracted or irregular hours of work. All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(10-2850, Application for Physicians)
*Other Veterans Document
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1949655.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.